Tuesday 10 February 2009

The Night of the Cockroaches....


(With apologies to those of a nervous disposition!)
Now I am not averse to a cute spider or a nifty beetle as a rule, but there's something about cockroaches which really makes my skin crawl. It doesn't seem to matter that at 4 cms (the cockroach that is) I have something of a size advantage, and that I come armed with WMD such as stout brooms and cans of Certain Cockroach Death. So picture 2 grown feisty women the other night screeching and flailing at the sight of 4 large cockroaches partying harmlessly in our bathroom around 11pm.

Actually the one in the picture escaped and hid slyly at the bottom of my mosquito net for 3 days, for which courageous piece of guerilla warfare I chucked it out the door rather than down the shower hole.

I must say that there are only 3 forms of insect life I deal death to without mercy -the mosquito, the slugs in my garden and cockroaches. I wonder which one I will come back in my next lifetime - I'll give you 3 guesses.

1 comment:

  1. i'm visiting sri lanka at the moment (my parents are from there) and i would like to say a few things:

    1)i borrowed your picture, so thank you for taking that
    2)they are SO SCARY
    3)ewwwwwwghhh... they are so scary. it is midnight, and oh god. i'm alone downstairs and this cockroach (or something else!) is making noise at me from the staircase. it knows i'm here. it knows.

    ReplyDelete